[IDV #XLP-640349]: IDV - station data file

Hi David-

> Don, no problem.. thanks for the update. dy

So, just after I sent that, I got word of the update.  Download
the following file:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v2.2.22/nc2.2.jar

and place it in the IDV installation directory (make a backup
of the existing nc2.2.jar first).  It will also be in the
nightly build of the IDV tomorrow.

BTW, John Caron says:

>However, the file that was sent is seriously bolloxed up: the links are
>>incorrect, creating infinite loops.
>also, it has a global attribute:
>
>:missing_value = -8.9999998E15f; // float
>
>which is ignored, which may or may not be a problem.

This doesn't seem to affect the display in the IDV, but just FYI.

Don

> > Hi David-
> >
> >> Hi guys, I am trying to read times in this obs file,
> >> but the newest release IDV2.3 doesn't seem to recongize
> >> the time. I loaded an old version, IDV2.1, and it worked
> >> fine. Thanks for any help. dy
> >
> > I was waiting for a fix before responding.   This is a bug
> > and I'm just waiting on a update to the netCDF-Java library
> > for the fix.
> >
> > Sorry for the problems.
> >
> > Don
> >

> > Ticket Details