[IDV #MOH-422117]: IDV - Location of grib.jar file

Hi Chris-

> So far I have created a grib1lookuptable.lst file and a grib_thesis.tab file
> (both modeled after the tablelookup.lst and nceptab_131.tab respectfully)
> From the instructions you pointed me to I have moved the files both into
> <home>/.metapps/DefaultIDV directory.  Following that I set the Resource
> Sitepath in the IDV preferences to that same directory.  However, when I go
> to load the data its seems to continue to load with the default tables.
> Example:
>
> Grib_thesis.tab has -- 1:TAVE:Averaged Temperature [K]. When I load the grib
> file for averaged temperature field selector for that files comes back saying
> Pressure @ isobaric. It instead should be temperature. How can I tell whether
> IDV is attempting to use my created table or using another one?

If you get the right parameters it's using your table. ;-)

>Am I making a silly mistake somewhere in the steps?

The entries in grib1lookuptable.lst specify the originating center
and subcenter.  A dump on your grib file indicates that  the center
is 7 (NCEP) and the subcenter is 5 (HPC).

                        Header : GRIB1
                    Discipline : 0 Meteorological Products
                  GRIB Edition : 1
                   GRIB length : 166602
            Originating Center : 7 US National Weather Service (NCEP)
        Originating Sub-Center : 5 Hydrometeorological Prediction Center
            Product Definition : 0 Forecast/Uninitialized Analysis/Image Product

            Parameter Category : -1 Meteorological Parameters
                Parameter Name : 1 PRES Pressure
               Parameter Units : Pa
                Reference Time : 2006-02-24T12:00:00Z
                    Time Units : hour
          Time Range Indicator : product valid at RT + P1
                   Time 1 (P1) : 0
                   Time 2 (P2) : 0
       Generating Process Type : 0 Unknown
                    Level Type : 100 isobaric
                 Level Value 1 : 1000.0
                 Level Value 2 : 0.0
                    GDS Exists : true
                    BMS Exists : true
         Number of data points : 96673
                     Grid Name : Lambert Conformal
                    Grid Shape : 0 spherical
         Spherical earth radius: 6367.47
                            Nx : 349
                            Ny : 277
                           La1 : 1.0
                           Lo1 : -145.5
  Resolution & Component flags : 0
                         Winds : Relative
                           LoV : -107.0
                            Dx : 32463.0
                            Dy : 32463.0
             Projection center : 0
                 Scanning mode : 64
                        Latin1 : 50.0
                        Latin2 : 50.0
                         SpLat : 0.0
                         SpLon : 0.0

Changing your table from:

57:       1:               2:    grib_thesis.tab

7:       5:               2:    grib_thesis.tab

make this work.

Since you are putting your files in your local .metapps/DefaultIdv
directory, you don't need to set up the sitepath since that's
already scanned as the user path.  The sitepath would only be necessary
if you wanted to access this table from multiple systems. In that
case, you would put the files on a shared location and then point
your sitepath there.

> For reference I attached the files I created. Not sure if it will help.

That helped, thanks.

Ticket ID: MOH-422117
Department: Support IDV