[IDV #TEV-604093]: IDV - startup message

Hi Bill-

> Institution: lyndon state college
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Documents and
> Settings\\waf01060\\Program Files\\IDV_2.3\\jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.2
> fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi guys,
>
> I now have an upgraded pc in my office, which should make using the IDV even
> more
> fun. What information do you need for your records ?

We're not keeping strict records on that anymore since we've got
many users, but thanks.

> I installed version 2.3, although not the latest version. Upon starting the
> IDV,
> I get the following message at the end of what appears normal:

Make sure you have the latest graphic driver.  Just because it's
a new machine doesn't mean the graphics card is up to date. ;-)
What type of card is this?

If that doesn't fix the problem, there are a couple of other options:

- try running under DirectX instead of OpenGL.  That might lead
to other issues.  See the docs on doing this at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#d3d

- Try running the version for Windows Vista which has the latest
Java 3D in it.  It doesn't require Vista and should run under XP.

> *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, 'C:\Documents and
> Settings\waf01060\Progr
> am Files\IDV_2.3\jre\lib\ext\vecmath.jar'
> Java 3D ERROR : wglGetExtensionsStringARB not support !
> - The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> Java 3D ERROR : wglGetExtensionsStringARB not support !
> - The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> What do you suggest ?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: TEV-604093
Department: Support IDV