[IDV #PHL-752177]: IDV - comparing imagery from different source

Hi HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.4b1 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.4b1/jre version: 1.5.0_11
> j3d:1.3.1
> Inquiry: Hi
>
> I would like to compare imagery from different data sources. In order to be
> more
> explicit, here an example.
>
> I would like to compare a GOES-12 image loaded from the SSEC ADDE server with
> a similar Meteosat-9 image from the EUMETSAT ADDE sever. When I do this I end
> up
> with 2 displays where I can switch bakward-forward. This is oklay for a first
> qualitative go, when
> you want to probe or crossection in the same place it becomes demanding if not
> impossible.

If both displays are in the same view or two views with the same projection,
you can use the Edit->Sharing->Sharing On in each of the cross sections
to share the cross section position.  For  data probes, you can have one data
probe with multiple parameter so the position is shared.

Alternatively, you should be able to use the simpleDifference formula to
quantitatively calculate differences and this could be used in the data probe
as well.

> It would be much more functional if the 2 (or more) images could be loaded
> into the same display like a time sequence. Then everything is solved. Is
> this already possible
> (and I miss the point) or does this go to a sticker?

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you want here.  I'm not sure how this
solves your problem.

BTW, I recently added a "Miscellaneous->Make a time sequence from single time
grids/images" formula which takes single timestep images or grids and merges
them into one sequence.  However, this requires that the times be different
for each image. Not sure if that helps.

Don

Ticket ID: PHL-752177
Department: Support IDV