[IDV #SME-839174]: Resolution loss viewing GINI

Hi Art-

> I'm viewing GINI 1km visible imagery via IDV 2.3 on Windows XP and notice
> that on close-up views, the imagery gets blocky and doesn't appear to be
> displaying at 1km resolution.  The "Displays" tab says pixel sampling is
> "0".  Is there some other setting I need to change to get the visible
> imagery to display at full resolution?

I'm assuming you are using the Image Chooser to select the data from
one of the ADDE servers.  In that chooser, there are defaults set
for particular images and by default, since the 1km imagery is large
(5120x5120), there is an default blowdown of the data coming from
the server.  If you look at the chooser, the magnification is
set to -6 by default.  You can use the sliders to change this to
1 for full resolution, but I would suggest you use a combination of
the image size and location to subset the full resolution image.
You can use the lat/lon or lin/ele centering with the image size
to zoom in over a particular area.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SME-839174
Department: Support IDV