[IDV #CPS-899017]: IDV - IDV fails during load up. "glXMakeCurrent fails"

Hi Simon-

> Institution: Monash University
> Package Version: IDV2.2 (problem occurs on all other versions as well)
> Operating System: Linux Ubuntu
> Hardware Information: Intel core 2 duo. 4 gig of ram.
> Inquiry: When loading up IDV, The following error occurs."glXMakeCurrent
> fails"
> The windows load, i.e. Main display and even tip tools, however they load
> incompletely and no buttons work, I must use ctrl c or force quit to close.

I'm not sure what's going on here, so I'll ask some questions:

- what is the color depth of your display (16, 24 or 32 bit)?  If
24 does setting to 32 allow you to run?
- what type of graphics card does this system have?
- in your xorg.conf file (or XFree86Config if using that) is
there a line:

  load glx

?
- is there a line

  load dri

? If so, comment that out and restart your X server.

Don Murray
> In the archive someone had a similar problem, see
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-July/026591.html
>
> I tested glxgears and this works properly.
>
> I will include the output from glxinfo in the attachment.
>
> I will continue to look into this, but am at a loss of what exactly to do. I
> tried installing a newer version of Java3D but this does not help.
>
> I think I need to install a new version of OpenGl, but I don't know where to
> get this from.
>
> Any help would be appriciated.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Simon Caine
>
> (p.s. If I connect to the linux box using my mac laptop, and run IDV (on this
> linux box) through across the internet, IDV works properly, but slow because
> of internet speed)

Ticket ID: CPS-899017
Department: Support IDV