[IDV #LWU-168763]: IDV Vista support timeline

Hi Brendon-

Jeff and I were both out this week, so sorry for the delayed response.

> According to the system requirements page, IDV will not work under
> Vista.  We're planning on reimaging our PC cluster with Vista in August,
> do you think IDV will be "Vista-ready" by then?  Just trying to do some
> planning.

The holdup is Java 3D support but that should be available in June.
It is at beta2 now.  Our tests with beta1 in gave mixed results.
I'll need some testers (since we don't have any Vista machines at
Unidata), so if you've got a machine now to test on, let me know.

Don

Ticket ID: LWU-168763
Department: Support IDV