[IDV #YDD-591659]: IDV - Color Windbard by Altitude

Hi Steve,

> Inquiry: 3913.IDV.in.short is an ascii file of calculated winds (attachement
> 1).  Back on a previous version (?) on a different computer (?) I made a plot
> such as attachment 2.
>
> I can't seem to replicate this anymore.  Here is my process:
>
> 1.  Choose "Text Point Data files" to read the ascii file.
> 2.  When I look at the Point Data List, I add in SPEED and DIR.
> 3.  Create a Point Data Plot display.
> 4.  Choose a custom Station Model named Atrec.  It consists of a wind barb.
> I next edit the wind barb symbol.  I have the Display section as follows:  U
> -> SPEED, V -> DIR.  Colors are clear.  In the color by section I have:  Map
> value of Altitude, range 0 -9000 meters, Color table is default.
>
> However, my plot shows the wind barbs all in white.

Perhaps your station model changed. Attached is a test.ism station model file
that maps altitude to color for your data.  From the Layout Model Editor (aka
station model
editor) go to the File->Import menu, import test.ism and try it out on your IDV.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: YDD-591659
Department: Support IDV