[IDV #IEI-245645]: capture > image

Hi Gabor-

> I'm using IDV_2.1 on a Mac PowerPC G5.
>
> After one successful use yesterday of the View > Capture >Image
> sequence, it stopped working and stalls the program completely. After
> clicking on "Image", no file selection window pops up and the program
> hangs. It does not respond to Quit or anything else. Windows are still
> there. Have to use Force Quit (although that doesn't always work
> either).

Wow, that's quite a lockup.  We've occassionally seen lockups on Mac OS, but
have been unable to recreate them on our own Mac OS system.

> After some testing it appears that the problem is linked to having a
> Track File displayed. With satellite image it is fine.

Are you animating  when you are trying to save the image?  Do you have
just the track or the track as point data loaded in? There should be no
difference between the behavior of one versus another that I can think
of off the top of my head.

> Restarting the program, or even re-booting the system did not
> eliminate the problem. Starting another session of IDV_2.1 functions
> even while the hung session is still present when unable to kill it
> with Force Quit (does not show in the list of running applications).
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm stumped.  I was going to have you try a stack dump of the program,
but that doesn't seem to work as advertised.  Let me poke around more
and I'll get back to you tomorrow with some idea.

What type of video card does your Mac have?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: IEI-245645
Department: Support IDV