[IDV #YND-789009]: IDV - disappearing frame in an image sequence

> Every now and then I see the message "increase the java heap" and IDV quits
> or gets
> blocked. It might be linked to job processing a relatively large image
> volume, so it might
> also be linked to [IDV #YND-789009]: IDV - disappearing frame in an image
> sequence,
> but I am not sure. Knowing the problem I can get around by cutting the job in
> smaller junks.
> Nevertheless I am curious whether you have any idea about this?

It sounds like a memory issue. When you are running what does the memory monitor
say (the bottom right in the window).  Are you running with the default runIDV
script? If so you can change the max memory size by changing:
 -Xmx512m
to be, e.g.,:
 -Xmx1024m

-Jeff