[IDV #UER-314443]: IDV - limitation in grid resolution in IDV nightly build?

Hi Paco-

> Institution: ITC
> Package Version: 2.1RC1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_03
> version: 1.5.0_03 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Dear support,
>
> i'm trying to display a high resolution, very very fine grained grid (see
> attached netCDF file) of rock skin temperatures. If i choose a a courser
> resolution version of the same grid (stride/spacing at 0.001) i can display
> it properly, but the finer grained does not.
>
> Is there a limitation of zoom-level, maybe somewhere hidden in the
> preferences? Can you send me an example display that also shows the finer
> grained geogrid pls?

The problem is that the resolution of the grid is beyond the
precision of a float.  Even though you define your variables
as double, we use floats when defining the spatial domain.
One option would be to use a different unit (e.g. arcseconds)
for the values which would allow finer grained resolution but
without the loss of precision.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UER-314443
Department: Support IDV