[IDV #KGK-960591]: polling update problem

> Hi guys...
>
> I got the attached kml file from the NWS (actually, it was a kmz file,
> but I unpacked it to have a look).
>
> I loaded it into the IDV and it displays well.  I set the polling
> update to 10min and checked the "reload display" checkbox.  But....it
> never seems to update!
>
> If I manually do File->Reload Data then I get the latest image display nicely.
>
> So, I'm wondering what's happening....or not happening in this case?

There were a number of things going on that are fixed now.

For file based data source when polling is turned on the
data source will *not* reload until the file has changed on
disk. The every "n" is the polling interval.

For non file based data (e.g., urls) the data source
*will* reload every n minutes.

I also (if you  do a full cvs update) made some changes so that
the polygons in the kml get displayed along with the point locations.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: KGK-960591
Department: Support IDV