[Support #LKR-412440]: idv coding question

Hi Dave-

> I downloaded the source code for IDV and some of our CS students are
> working to modify it so the user can 'be the data probe' and fly through
> the data fields in 3-D.  I have an easy question; could you help us and
> tell us the name of the class or object that draws the dot for the data
> probe on the display?

The data probe class is ucar.unidata.idv.control.ProbeControl
and the probe point itself is the probe member which is
a ucar.visad.display.PointProbe.  As the probe is moved,
the ProbeControl listens for property change events on
the probe and calls updatePosition which does the appropriate
sampling to update the readout table.

You could either create a subclass of ProbeControl or mimic
the functionality in another class.

Don

Ticket ID: LKR-412440
Department: Support IDV