[IDV #EMR-410811]: IDV question: plot mesonet data

Hi Qun-

> I tried to create a text point data file like this,
> recNum-> (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude,time, Pressure, Temperature,
> Dewpoint, Wind Speed, Wind Direction)
> time[fmt=yyyyMMddHH], obtime, Latitude, Longitude[scale=-1],
> Altitude[unit=ft], Pressure[unit=mb], Temperature[unit=C], Dewpoint[unit=C],
> Wind Speed[unit=kn], Wind Direction[unit=degree]
> 2004050100 0005 38.82 92.22 7000 1011.1 76 56 23 100
>
> But IDV has some problem reading it.

What error message do you get.  Can you send me the file?

> And what do I do to plot a station mode plot once I have all the pressure,
> temp, dewp, and wind data read in?

Use the Edit->Resources->Station Model Editor to define one or more station
models for your variables.  When you choose the Point Data Plot display,
you can set the station model from the control window.

For information on using the Station Model Editor, see the User's Guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/tools/StationModelEditor.html

and the IDV Training Workshop section:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/workshop/page_stationmodels.html

Don Murray