[IDV #XOS-354812]: IDV - java3D errors and installation problems

Hi Meghan-

> It seems that java3D is now installed correctly.  The path
> are pointing to the correct version
> of java (java1.4) and we are able to start up GEONIDV, but
> when I try to view any of the 3D
> example data we get the following message.

This still indicates that Java 3D is not installed in the same place
as the Java that you are starting the IDV with.

How are you starting the IDV - from the command line or using the
runIDV script?  For Java 3D to work, it must be installed in the
same directory as the java you are running.  It doesn't matter if
it is in you classpath or path if it is installed somewhere else.

Please use the Help->Support Form menu, fill out the form
and submit it.  That will show me which version of Java you are using.
In the next version, we will add a way that you can check this without
submitting the form.

To recap:

- Java 3D must be installed in the same directory as java
- that version of java must be the first one found in your path.
If you type "which java", it will show what version of java
is found first in your path.

> Any suggestions?

Don Murray