[Support #DZA-172192]: idv image display

Hi Bill-

> I just displayed the latest GOES east IR image with the IDV (RTIMAGES),
> and found that when I increased
> the resolution to magnification of 1 (instead of 2) the portion of the
> image north of about
> 38.75 N was omitted. I used versions 1.2 and 1.3.2, and 2 different
> servers: omega.lsc.vsc.edu
> and motherlode. McIDAS displays the entire image at the higher
> resolution, and it looks okay.
>
> Any thoughts?

If you change the resolution and want the same coverage, you will have
to change the load point or the size of the image.  The default load point
is to center on line/ele 700/864.  If you change the resolution from -2 to 1,
you'll get half as many pixels in each direction so the image will be
cut off on all sides like you see.  You can either change the load point
to use a lat/lon, or change the size to 1400/1732 if you want the same
spatial coverage.

When you changed the resolution in McIDAS, where were you loading it on?

Don

Ticket ID: DZA-172192
Department: Support IDV