[IDV #HNL-942858]: IDV - IDV bombs when launching from LEAD web portal/jnlp

Hi Craig-

> My workaround on the THREDDS cataloging is working so that you should now be
> able to use IDV to view ADAS files found in the LEAD resource catalog.
>

> My understanding is that hte problem with Mac that you mention is a known bug
> but I will transfer your ticket back to IDV to have them answer that.
>
> Thanks for being a LEAD tester!

The problem with the flashing is a known problem with systems
running Mac OS-X 10.4.4 or later and have a GeFORCE card.
We have been working with Apple on this, but so far they
have not implemented a fix.  Thanks for submitting a report -
it will just add more pressure.  The problem stems from the
fact that the card reports it can do stereo rendering and
the IDV sets itself up for this.

In the mean time, I just implemented a fix for this that will be in the
1.3b2 release due out tomorrow.  By default, the IDV will not try to
use stereo any more - users will have to explicitly enable this.
Hopefully, Apple will fix their implementation since this is only
a problem with Mac's.

Please download the new version when it is made available tomorrow and
let us know if the problem is "solved".

Don Murray

Ticket ID: HNL-942858
Department: Support IDV