[IDV #CLK-929213]: IDV question

Hi Dave-

> Hi, I have a question for you.  Is there a limit on the file size IDV
> can read?  I have some WRF runs, in netcdf format which are fairly large
> (~1.5Gb). IDV doesn't complain when I add in the file, but the Fields
> pane in the Field Selector window stays blank. Makes it tough to
> visualize the data!  I am just curious if I will have to modify my WRF
> runs to accommodate any size limits in IDV.

There shouldn't be a limit.  When we open the file, all we read is
the metadata and that should not use much memory.  But, maybe there's
a problem in the netCDF for Java that this is tickling.

I'm guessing that it didn't find any variables in the file that
it knew what to do with, thus the list is blank.

How many variables are in the file?
Can you send me an ncdump printout of the file?  If my
hypothesis is right, then that should tell me what's wrong.

Thanks

Don Murray

Ticket ID: CLK-929213
Department: Support IDV