20051216: IDV beta version 1.3b1 (possible bug)

>From: Jeff Smith <address@hidden>

Hi Jeff-

> Thanks again for the meeting on wednesday--that was very helpful for me and P
> aula.

If you have any questions, let us know.

> I'm using the new beta version (1.3b1) and loaded "Blue Marble" and then swit
> ched to an Orthographic projection (centered on Boulder). It initially re-pro
> jects everything beautifully (including the blue ocean), but then a second la
> ter redraws the projection and I only see a quarter of the Earth. This might
> be a bug in your new beta version.

Now, it's the same in 1.2.  We don't handle that projection very well
as far as determining a rectilinear bounding box that covers it.

> One other thing I noticed is that the hour-glass mouse cursor doesn't go away
>  sometimes.

If you can give a specific instance, we will try to recreate it.
If you look in the Help->Show Console menu, are there any errors
listed in the console when this happens?  If so, send them
along.

> The new features in this version look great.

Thanks.

Don Murray