20051111: IDV - Digital Ortho-Quad resolution and others

>From: address@hidden

Hi-

>Thank Don for his quick reply.

A bit slower this time. ;-)

>Before I ask for other help, I want to confirm that the resolution of the
>digital orthor-quad image as background image in IDV is 1-meter.

I'm not sure what the resolution is on this.  It depends on the
scale of the projection.  Since we are just requesting this from
a Web Map Server, we don't have too much info on the nature of
the image.

>After many trials, I still couldn't get geotiff image loaded into the main
>display successfully. There are basically 2 kinds of problems.
>
>1. getting error message from loading just downloaded geotiff images, the
>image was first gunzip and untar with unix command. But it IS georectified tif
> .
>  "An error has occurred: There was an error loading the
> data: Failed to make data choices ..geotiffK_28089-H4_15.tif
> Cannot execute method: openImage"

I'm not sure what's going on here.  Can you put the image out
on FTP/HTTP where I can get it?

>2. Load geotiff images from USGS successfully, but command console
>shows "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" and nothing shows on main screen although
>layer navImage - 3 Color Image view is on the panel.

How big is this image?  Unfortunately at this point, we run into
memory problems with large images.  We are working on fixes for that.

>Any Suggestions on these problems? Thank you and have a good weekend!

Unfortunately, no.

Don Murray