Hi-

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Don,
  I am using IDV to view a set of level 2 radar data.
I am wondering if there is any way to load hight resolution aerial images in geotiff/jpg format to IDV as background images. I know we can load them in omni control. But how can we merge the view in omni control to the main view? Any suggestions? I am looking forward to your response. Thanks,

If the image is rectilinear (same lats along top bottom edges,
same lons along left/right edges), you can use the
Navigated Image formula to set the bounds.

- load in your image (use the TIFF or VisAD data source type)
- Select the Formulas Data Source, then expand the System
tab in the Fields panel and click on the "3 Color (RGB) Image"
display.
- you will be prompted for the upper left lat/lon and the
lower right lat/lon.  Type in the values for your image
and click OK.
- when you are prompted for the image, select the image
you loaded in which should look like:

((ImageElement, ImageLine) -> (Red, Green, Blue))

and it should come up in your display.

I suggest you send questions like this to address@hidden
instead of me directly.  If I'm not around, someone else
can help you.

Don Murray