20051018: IDV version 1.2 available for download

>From: "Valentijn Venus" <address@hidden>

Hi Valentijn-

>In the mean time I rewrote your image sequence example to work with a
>custom function "getSatViewAngleN52" I'd like to apply to multiple
>images. It looks as follows:
>
>sys.add_package('GridUtil');
>def getSatViewAngleSeqN52(d):
>  import ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil as gu
>  if (gu.isTimeSequence(d)):
>     newD = d.clone()
>     for t in range(d.getDomainSet().getLength()):
>         # print "t = ", t
>         subD = d.getSample(t)
>         newD.setSample(t,getSatViewAngleN52(subD))
>     return newD
>  else:
>     return getSatViewAngleN52(d)
>
>Now I'm getting a new error, I hope equally simple to solve...

The problem is trying to display this as an image sequence using
the Image Display.  That display control needs special input which
is not what you get out from the formula. Use a Plan View Color Shaded
display for any output from these formulas.

>An error has occurred:
>Creating image sequence
>visad.meteorology.ImageSequenceImpl
>
>java.lang.ClassCastException: visad.meteorology.ImageSequenceImpl
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.loadDataInner(ImageSequenc
>eControl.java:444)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.loadData(ImageSequenceCont
>rol.java:329)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.access$000(ImageSequenceCo
>ntrol.java:96)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl$1.run(ImageSequenceControl
>.java:187)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$2.run(Misc.java:778)

Don Murray