20051014: Will you be continuing to put the software out on the ftp.unidata.ucar.edu server? (John McCormick)

>From: address@hidden

Hi John-

>This is actually a "reply" from Jeff McWhirter's last message talking
>about the new 1.3 version of IDV...
>
>My questions is:  "Will you be continuing to put the software out on the
>ftp.unidata.ucar.edu host/domain area?"

For beta and full releases, we'll continue to do that.  For alpha
releases, I can't guarantee that, but...

>I have unix scripts that used that area to download IDV and made it
>quite helpful and conveniant to download, compile and test on your
>various IDV versions...
>I currently see version 1.1 and 1.2 on your ftp server (but not 1.3)...

When we release 1.3b1 at the end of November/beginning of Dec, we'll
add a 1.3 subdirectory to the FTP site.

Unfortunately, for the 1.3a2 release, we didn't generate the corresponding
source and JAR files along with the installers.  I just put
the 1.3a2 source and JAR files out in the /pub/idv/untested.  This
is actually from last night's build, so has a few updates since the
announced release.

Let me know if you find any problems in your testing.

Don