20050829: Fedora Core 4

>From: Andrew Hoell <address@hidden>

Hi Andrew-

>I recently upgraded my operating system to Fedora Core 4 and I am unable
>to install IDV 1.2.  The error is:
>
>Invocation of this Java Application has caused an
>InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
>
>Stack Trace:
>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
>/tmp/install.dir.3101/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6:
>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>Am I doing something incorrectly or is this a problem with IDV 1.2?  I
>noticed in some support documentation that Fedora 1-3 are supported, but
>not 4.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like you are missing some X libraries.  Are you installing
from an X session or the command line?  The installer is a GUI
so you'll need to do it from an X session.

We tried it on an FC4 box and it worked fine, but we tend to install
all of the OS, not just selected pieces.  Check to make sure you have
supporting X libraries installed.

Don Murray