Re: 20050812: IDV version 1.2 available for download

Hi-

Jiang, Weidong [RA] wrote:

I tried the IDV version 1.2 using Java WebStart on my home PC (Windows XP).
When I tried to load a grib file from the local hard drive, I got the
following message.  The grib file is available at
https://atmos.saic-ine.com/gmt/19960420000000.grb.

I suspect the error is related to using incorrect grib table for this file.
I probably need to configure or point the IDV to the correct grib table.
Could you point a sample grib file that worked in IDV version 1.2?

You are correct that we do not have the tables in the IDV for the
FNMOC grids at sub-center 42.  We are working on generating tables
for that.

You can access a sample GRIB file that does work from NCEP:

http://nomad2.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/gfs/gfs20050829/

(not the .inv files).

We will be documenting the method of adding your own tables
in the next release.
Thanks,
Weidong Jiang

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at ucar.grib.grib1.Grib1Lookup.<init>(Grib1Lookup.java:36)

        at
ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.Grib1ServiceProvider.open(Grib1ServiceProvider.java:71)

        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.<init>(NetcdfFile.java:730)

        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:329)

        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:214)

        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:161)

        at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:170)

        at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:101)

        at ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:65)

        at ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset.factory(GridDataset.java:74)

        at
ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.doMakeDataSet(GeoGridDataSource.jav
a:299)

        at
ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.getDataset(GeoGridDataSource.java:3
16)

        at
ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.initAfterCreation(GeoGridDataSource
.java:204)

        at
ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:930)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.
java:1376)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.ja
va:1315)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.ja
va:1296)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.IdvChooser.makeDataSource(IdvChooser.java:363)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFileInner(FileChooser.java:405)

        at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFile(FileChooser.java:283)

        at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.doLoad(FileChooser.java:300)

        at
ucar.unidata.ui.ChooserPanel.actionPerformed(ChooserPanel.java:130)

        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
        "Time makes everyone interesting, even YOU!"