20050701: Observed Problems with IDV 1.2rc1 with grib files

>From: Murphy Sean <address@hidden>

Hi Sean-

>Attached are 3 grib files that are from the same model run.
>
>The surface pressure file works fine, but the wind files hose up the =20
>IDV.
>
>Observations:
>
>1.  Does not display contour values, just contour lines.
>2.  No values displayed when probing data
>3.  Any navigation/manipulation of display window causes "please =20
>wait" to appear for a long perido of time.
>4.  Any attempts to known renderable data in IDV after the wind files =20=
>
>are added does not work.
>5.  No error messages displayed in GUI or command line.

I'm not having the problems you are seeing.  I do get different
projections for U&V when I load them separately instead of
catting them all to one file and I'll look at that.

>Is it the data format or IDV?

I'm thinking it's something with your setup.  Can you try
this on something other than your Mac?

Don Murray