20050614: IDV - Visualizing IP-Addresses

>From: =?ISO-8859-15?B?VG9yc3RlbiBN/GxsZXI=?= <address@hidden>

Hello-

>Hi! More news from Germany ;-)

>I am on the list, but received no mails yet, majordomo commands for
>listinfo and lists seem also not to work (or i am missing something,
>but no time for this now).

We just recently clamped down our majordomo setup to tighten
security so list and listinfo commands no longer work. Spammers
were using them to collect e-mail addresses.

I just put out a new release which can be accessed at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/release/idv_1.2rc1/index.html

hopefully you got the list sent to the lists.

>That was the info i needed!
>I currently wrote a subclass of netcdfPointdata, which could read my files.
>When finished we'll send you the class.

Thank you.

>Next step was to write a new stationmodel.
>We wanted to use java3d-primitives from com.sun.j3d.utils.geometry,
>but not it was as easy as expected. I'am currently writing a poor-mans
>converter for TriangleFanArray->VisADTriangleArray and
>TriangleStripArray->VisADTriangleArray.
>Trying to merge VisADTriangleStripArrays and VisADTriangleArray
>shapes resulted in ArrayStoreException in
>StationModelDisplayable.makeShapes, line 994.

Yes, I don't think you can merge these.

>So I started the converters. Maybe this is of interest for you.
>I also noticed, that there is no TriangleFanArray equivalent VisAD.
>(you find a cylinder connverted this way attached)

I'll talk to Bill Hibbard about that.  I'd be interested in
what you find.

>That's not what i meant. For some reason (i have not explored this any
>further), when i am having a variable called "time" it's transfered to
>"Time" (adding "Time" to the timeVals will solve this, of course).

Yes, Time is the global VisAD RealType for Time related variables,
just as Latitude and Longitude are for spatial variables.  The
VisAD netCDF adapter uses these intrinsics for variables that
relate to the quantity (i.e. time->Time, lat->Latitude, lon->Longitude).