20050429: IDV and WMS

>From: address@hidden

Hi Chuck-

>the addition of WMS capability to the IDV is super. It really empowers
>the user to find and view image and shapefiles from all over. In
>the process of searching out WMS servers I came across a free
>program, gaia, that is a WMS previewer and mini-GIS application.
>It also has some more WMS servers in its catalog. You can find the site at:
>http://www.thecarbonproject.com/products/gaia.html
>
>Again congratulations on the new WMS-capable IDV!

Thanks.  I looked through the list and most of them are already
in our catalog:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/georesources/idvcatalog.xml

under the Web Map Servers.  The ones that weren't didn't
seem to have the necessary metadata that we could use in
the IDV, but we'll take a look.  Thanks for the pointer.

Don