20050425: Problems displaying level II radar data in IDV

>From: "HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM)" <address@hidden>

Hi Brian-

>I can reinstall if I need to.  When I installed, I used the InstallAnywhere
>Installers because our Linux box did not come with Java installed on it for
>some reason.

It's best to use the one in the installer anyway.  That way we have
a baseline for tracking down problems that might be JVM related.

>(1) username we are running under is "jsc"
>(2) location of $HOME is /home/jsc
>(3) Yes, I am running IDV on the same machine it was installed on.

Do multiple people run from the same account at the same time?
If so, it would be better to switch to some other paradigm because
you would be stepping on each other's toes.  If it's just one
account and only one person runs from that at a time, you should
be okay.

I'm completely stumped on this.  What should happen is that
when you load in a Level II file, a tmp directory should
be created in $HOME/.metapps/DefaultIdv and the file should
be uncompressed to that location.

For the menu, if defaultmenu.xml is located in the
/home/jsc/.metapps/DefaultIdv and has read permissions,
you should see a Test menu on the menu bar next to the
Help menu.

Did the runIDV script get modified at all?

If you don't mind trying a re-install, we might as well
try that.  Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

Don