20050301: IDV - how to plot earthquake locations

Hi Liu,

I'm learning IDV right now, and the problems are:

how to mark earthquake locations on a map with three columns of data(longitude,
latitude, earthquake magnitude)?

We read location data through netcdf files. I am not sure what the format is though. I am pinging a colleague
on this who might know.

The geoscience data examples on your site are quite impressive, especially on
topography and mantle convection. How to realize them in IDV?
The real issue is access to the datasets in a form that the IDV can read. You might want to check with Chuck Meertens (who works with the IDV on the GEON project) address@hidden
and ask him if any of those data sets are available.

There are two shortcuts 'IDV' and 'Globe IDV', what is the difference between
them?

The "globe idv" shortcut is outdated. Its purpose was to bring up the IDV in 3D "Globe" mode. The current cersion of the IDV allows one to bring up a Globe display through the File->New->Displays
menu.

-Jeff