20050225: 20050225: IDV - IDV aborts in Web start mode

>From: Vivek <address@hidden>

Hi Vivek-

>Thank you  for the suggestion and it  fixed the problem.

Outdated video drivers (particularly for ATI cards) that have
poor support  for the OpenGL needed by Java3D are a frequent
problem that we see.

>Does the IDV capable of displaying netCDF radar data files that are in
>polar co-ordinates i.e. not gridded in any Cartesian coordinate?

Yes.

> Is the utility or patch to display DORADE formated radar data file   (
>I guess it was written bu Chris Burghart) available for me to use? I am
>in  EOL and very much interested in  viewing  NCAR radar  data sets.
>Thanks again for your help.

You should be able to load in DORADE or netCDF sweep files through
the File Chooser in the Data Source Selector.  You will need to
set the Data Source Type through the drop-down box to the appropriate
type depending on the file you are trying to open.

I'm cc'ing Dennis Flanigan on this because he sent me a personal
note and I will be out of town this week.  I'm also cc'ing Jeff
McWhirter who will be answering support questions during my
absence.

Don Murray