20050126: IDV - Trouble with IDV (version1.1)

>From: "John McCormick" <address@hidden>

Hi John-

Are you building from scratch or are you using a binary distribution?
Could you send us the bundle so we can take eyeball it?

Also, all of your messages are coming from a 1.1 version of the
IDV.  Could you please submit the support request from a
1.2b1 version so I can see what line the error is coming from?
Thanks.

Don Murray

>Institution: Lockheed Martin (Contractor for the US-EPA)
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Linux; os.arch:i386; os.version:2.4.20-28.7;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_04
> ; java.home:/home/mccormik/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre;
>Inquiry: An error has occurred:
>Decoding bundle
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>Product:  IDV (version1.1)
>Platform:  RedHat Linux

>IDV cannot seem to find object: "WindowsInfo"
>
>The IDV system seems to want to find classes in the following directory:
>                       /metapps/ucar/unidata/xml/XmlEncoder
>
>and it doesn't exist.....

This directory/class is crucial to the distribution and is in the
source download and binary distributions, so it should be there.
Perhaps your build process is not correct?