20050125: IDV - Disappearing Airplane

>From: "Greg Salottolo" <address@hidden>

>Institution: NTSB
>Package Version: 1.2b1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.2b1\\jre;
>Inquiry: Good Morning:

Hi Greg-

>Have been plotting and animating airplane flight tracks. This is a very nice e
> nhancement to IDV and very useful to us. However, I have noticed that
>rotation (horizontally and vertically) and magnification of the display someti
> mes results in the loss of the airplane shape in the animation. Any thoughts
> on
>why this occurs? It seems to happen randomly.

It's the decluttering when you rotate.  On the point display control
window, there is a little lock icon next to the Declutter checkbox.
Click that to set it to lock the current stations and you should
not lose the airplane.

If you have suggestions for enhancements to the plane tracks, let
us know and we can perhaps add them to the TODO list.

Don Murray