20041206: IDV - Extracting numbers

>From: "Karen " <address@hidden>

Hi Karen-

>Institution: Purdue University
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Mac OS X; os.arch:ppc; os.version:10.3.6;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_05;
>  java.home:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home;
>Inquiry: With level II radar data, I trying to do a 1 km by 1 km average of ra
> infall rate over a specified area.  I would then like to extract this number.

How are you producing the 1x1 km average, or are you asking how to
do this?  Are you looking at a specific level or are you looking
through the whole volume?  What method are you using to compute
rainfall rate?

>Currently I am trying to do this using omni control, but I am having no luck.
>  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would use a Jython formula to do the averaging/calculate the rainfall
rate and then you could print out the numbers.

Don Murray