20041117:IDV-Information about your products capabilities

I'd like more information on the 3D capabilities of Integrated Data Viewer (IDV). The main feature we require is the possibility to generate specific 3D products (may that be static 3D pictures, 3D fly-throughs (mpeg), interactive 3D products (wrml, Quicktime VR)). This specific product *need* to drap satellite data over a DEM, *AND* manage a z-profile (raster data) within the area. As an example, we need 3D products presenting satellite data layed over the DEM and include a geological profile (a raster having an xy path with data on the vertical axis).

Hi Marc,
There are currently some problems with draping satellite imagery over topography. I don't know when this will be addressed. As to the z-profile - I'm not sure what format your data is in. If it is an image then we currently would not support showing it vertically. If is is a gridded data set then, yes, you should be able to display a vertical profile
of the data.

The IDV can create static pictures as well as quicktime movies (not Quicktime VR though).

-Jeff