20041103: IDV - IDV and ADDE HELP????

>From: "Adam Taylor" <address@hidden>

Hi Adam-

>Institution: University of Louisiana at Monroe
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.1\\jre;
>Inquiry: An error has occurred:
>Error connecting to: cyclone.geos.ulm.edu
>Error opening connection: java.io.IOException: Input not in compress format (r
> ead magic number 0x2f68)
>
>I know the adde server is sort of working because if i run mcidas and have the
>  data be pulled from
>the adde server it takes a while, but the data comes through.

The problem is that your ADDE server apparently is not supporting the
compress type compression for ADDE requests.  The IDV uses this as
the default (unfortunately hardcoded in 1.1) for point data requests.

I can't seem to get to your server from here (either through McIDAS
or IDV), perhaps a firewall issue.

What kind of system is your ADDE server?  Which version of McIDAS
are you using?  If you are using v 2003, if you set the MCCOMPRESS
variable, can you access your data through McIDAS?

>HELP!!
>
>******************
>Stack trace:
>edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: Error opening connection: java.io.IOE
> xception: Input not in compress format (read magic number 0x2f68)
>       at edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataRe
> ader.java:158)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.profiler.AddeProfilerDataChooser.readTimes(AddeProfi
> lerDataChooser.java:193)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.profiler.AddeProfilerDataChooser.access$100(AddeProf
> ilerDataChooser.java:98)
>       at ucar.unidata.ui.profiler.AddeProfilerDataChooser$2.run(AddeProfilerD
> ataChooser.java:351)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$1.run(Misc.java:1448)

Don Murray