20040920: IDV - Problem accessing point data

>From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

Hi Mohan-

>Institution: Unidata
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.3.1_07
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\JavaSoft\\JRE\\1.3.1_07;
>Inquiry: An error has occurred:
>Error connecting to: cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
>String index out of range: -1

This error pops up when something has been typed into the Data Type
portion of the point data selector.  If you click on the dropdown
arrow for the "Data Type" widget and select one of the predefined
names, you should be able to connect.  I will put a check for
illegal input in the next release.  If this does not solve your
problem, let me know.

Don Murray