Re: 20040824: idv and radar data

Ethan-

Ethan Davis wrote:

Seems like the first thing would be to get an ADDE server set up at NCDC to serve the level III data. I don't think the IDV needs any THREDDS stuff to access ADDE served level III data. (Don, is that right?) Though, because of the size of the NCDC data holdings (Glenn, how much level III data would you want to make available at first?), we might want to look at some cataloging capabilities.

From the IDV point of view, I would want to inteface to THREDDS
middleware to query info about available stations, times, etc.

Second would probably be more testing of the ESML-OPeNDAP level II radar data server. We've already started looking at this here at Unidata to see what it would take to access the data from the IDV. I think we've had some interactions with the ESML people on this as well. Again we can look at cataloging this data both to let the IDV know what the data is if necessary and to deal with a really large collection of level II radar data.

Sounds good.

I guess that's about it. Does anyone see something I'm forgetting?

Glenn, does this sound like something you guys are up for?

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters