20040824: IDV - NetCDF grid file sample

>From: "Yunheng Wang" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>Attached are my NetCDF file headers and the IDV 1.1 window. It seems that
>IDV cannot recognize the fileds from my data file.
>
>I think my NetCDF file is in the same format as WRF output. Could you give
>me some suggestions about how to fix it?

The problem you are seeing is that the IDV is not recognizing this
as a netCDF grid.  Files are associated with a data type by the
file name pattern or through the metdata in a THREDDS catalog.
In this case, you could either add a .nc extension to your filename,
or from the File chooser, change the Data Source Type from "Default" to
"Netcdf grid files".

If that doesn't work, could you give me a sample file?

Thanks.

Don Murray