20040520: AWS data

>From: Mark Seefeldt <address@hidden>

Hi Mark-

>It is a good thing I waited on this response.  Much to my surprise I did
>not even have 1.1b3 installed, instead I only had 1.0.1 installed.  Today
>when I installed 1.1b3, wham, the idv.rbi file appeared.  Sorry about the
>slight mislead.

Ah, that clears up the mystery.  After I sent the message, we went
in to make sure that idv.rbi would be created if it didn't exist and
we were already doing that which added to my confusion about your
experience.  Glad things are working as they should.

re: ice shelf calving
>Yeah, I want even touch the fact that all of the maps are slightly
>inaccurate because the don't account for the recent ice shelf calving.

With that happening so rapidly these days, it would be a task
to keep up with!

>I really appreciate the flexibility that you have instituted with the IDV
>system.  Being an Antarctic meteorologist most applications have to be
>slightly tweaked for our purpose.  The fact that you allow for easy
>tweaking makes IDV a very impressive application for me.

I'm glad that the IDV is helping you in your work.  If you have
other suggestions, please let us know.

Don Murray