20040517: IDV - Windows 2000 - DODS server not working

>From: "Poon Suk Kit" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>then is this site >
>http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idv/rt-models.xml  a DODS server ??

The XML is a catalog that points to data that is served up by DODS.

>We are thinking of the possibility of settup up a DODS server, which
>pointing to your server, downloading data from your server, so our IDV
>clients just reach our internal network DODS server to get the data and
>browse it through IDV.

If you are going to access the data from our DODS server, there is
no need for you to run one.  There is really no way to use DODS to
transfer the files to your server.

However, if I remember correctly, you are generating your own data
files from GRIB? data.  If you want to, you could run a local DODS
server and the catalog generator to set up your own catalogs and then
access your local data through the DODS server.

>Is this the right way of thinking and is this possible ? Please comment.

If you want to catalog and access your own data, then you could
run a local DODS server.  If you want to access our remote data,
then you should just use the existing catalog and our DODS server.

If you want to set up your own DODS server and catalog, let us
know and we'll have the right person on our staff help you set
that up.

Don Murray