20040511: IDV - Windows 2000 - DODS server not working

>From: "SMG" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>Institution: SMG
>Package Version: 1.0.1
>Operating System: Windows 2000
>Hardware Information: Intel P4 1.8G
>Inquiry: I tried the url that listed in the manual for trying the function of
> Gridded data
>
>http://motherlode.ucar.edu/dods/catalog.xml
>http://motherlode.ucar.edu/dods/uniCat-model.xml
>
>but both site is not working, any other choice of DODS server.

The references to these catalogs in the online user guide and in
the released version of the IDV should be commented out.  Where
are you finding this?

The released catalog reference should be:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idv/rt-models.xml

which is documented in the Available Data Sources section of
the IDV User's Guide.

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/1_0/docs/userguide/IDV_datasources.html

I would recommend upgrading to version 1.1 beta 3 which has more
features and more up-to-date documentation.

Don Murray