20040506: Import SSEC archive data

>From: Elen Cutrim <address@hidden>

Hi Elen-

>Hi I am having a hard time opening satellite areas and grid data
>into IDV.
>
>I downloaded these data with FTP to my c: drive and tried to access
>a GRID using the data source selector but it says that resource is
>not compatible with "VisADD Data Source".

The IDV does not read McIDAS grid files, but should read the AREA
files.

For gridded data, your best bet would be to get the
data in netCDF format.  You could send a note to address@hidden
asking for the files you want.  You'd need to subscribe to the
list first before posting your request.

Alternatively, you could download the GRIB files as Tom outlined
in his message from the Community Data Portal and then run the
gribtonc decoder over them.

>How can I convert the data from dcarchieve to be accepted in IDV?

What problems are you having with the image data?  If they are
multibanded images, you should remake your request as single
banded images.  Also, you need to make sure they are blown down
by a factor of -2 in the element direction to remove the oversampling.

Don Murray

>From address@hidden  Fri May  7 15:24:29 2004

Thanks,
Elen