20040503: error downloading IDV from Unidata website

Tom-

Unidata Support wrote:

From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

I tried downloading IDV to the machine destined for Barbados this
afternoon:

In the section:

Install and Run the IDV with Web Start

The first directive pertinent to Linux is:

o If you are running Solaris or Linux, you need to first 'install an
  FCS version of Java 1.3 or higher (no beta or RC versions)'

The part in quotes is a link to:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_systems.html

Clicking on the link gives me a:

Page Not Found

Thanks for catching that. I've updated that link and some others that
were out of date.

For this system, I would suggest that you use the InstallAnywhere
installer.   That way we have a known JRE and Java 3D and it would
be easier for trouble shooting.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters