20040309: HDF and MM5 for IDV?

>From: "Todd Plessel" <address@hidden>

Hi Todd-

>> If you go the following anonymous ftp site there are a number of HDF
>> satellite datasets.
>> ftp.saa.noaa.gov
>> cd sub/rgilliam
>
>Do you happen to have any HDF readers for IDV?

Some HDF datasets can be read through the ADDE server, but we don't
support them directly.  There is no pure Java HDF library - it all
uses a JNI interface.

>How about MM5?

No MM5, except in Vis5D format.  We are putting our efforts toward
WRF, but depending on the community desire, might support MM5
as well.  I'll put you down for a positive vote on that one. ;-)

Don