20040129: Problem in viewing Data - Western Michigan University

Hi Karthik-

Karthik Samudram Jayaraman wrote:

This is Karthik from western Michigan University ( on behalf of Dr Elen Cutrim ).

I had a question with the Unidata IDV usage. We are trying to view Image Data for the GOES-East 3.9 um short IR data. But when we select this data source and view images, We are not able to view the display for the Eastern Region. I first thought it was a problem with the data in our server. But Even if i Choose a different server, iam not able to view the the eastern region.

For example i tried to view image data for RT IMAGES Datasets , The Image type is GOES - East North America H20.

When i Display Data for this. I asm able to see only the central america and west America. The data for East America is not appearing.

Could you guide me through this please?

The problem is that the defaults for image loading do not
account for the new resolution of the of the water vapor,
nor for the new imagery that are the result of the recent
changes to the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream.

Unfortunately, there is no way to override the defaults.
The best I can say is to use the entry boxes for lat/lon
to position the image over the area of interest.

Thanks for brining this to our attention.  I will work on
a solution for the next release of the IDV.

If you have further questions, please send them to
address@hidden instead of me directly.  That way,
if I am out of town, someone else will be able to respond.

Don Murray
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support