20040105: TimeSeries initial location

>From: "Paul Gifford" <address@hidden>

Hi Paul-

>  Happy new year :)

Same to you.  I actually took time off, thus the delay in replying.

>  I followed your instructions and it works.  I didn't have to add a method
>to LineProbeControl though - I could call setPosition directly.

When I tried the setPosition call, it was too late (the position
for the probe had already been set).  That's why I suggested the
setProbePosition() mod.

>  Now that I've implemented the solution I see that my earlier comments were
>wrong (about the data driving the display).  Really what's happening is the
>chooser is directing the display and just passing a message through the
>data.  So just ignore my previous ramblings :)

Even this is sort of a hack.  There should be a way to tell the
control whether to use that info or not.  I'll keep that in mind
for further development.  I'll roll some of this into the next
release.

>Thanks again for the help!

Sure thing.

Don