20031204: update on 1.1b2

>From: address@hidden

Tony-

>Here's an interesting update - when I install 1.1b2 to a new user account wher
> e it has never been installed before, it works. But when I install it to a us
> er's account where a previous version had been installed, it doesn't.

Okay, that's good information. It also makes me feel a lot better.

>I decided to install it to the LDM account on the same machine. It installed a
> nd runs perfectly.  I installed it on my new server (different hardware, new
> user account, etc), it works perfectly.  But in my account, where 1.0.1 and 1
> .1b2 have been installed before, even after using both the Uninstaller progra
> m and manually deleting all traces of the application, it doesn't work.  Weir
> d?
>
>Something in the previous versions must be preventing 1.1b2 from loading corre
> ctly?

The new version has an option to set the choosers the user wants to
see.  See below.

>We're going to be setting up our new lab week after next.  The new server has
> been up an running in a test mode for about 2 months now.  The new Linux work
> stations are all ready to go.  I've had one of them in my office for a month,
>  and that's the one I've had the IDV on.  When 1.1b2 wouldn't run on it, I st
> arted to get a little concerned, but now that I know it will run for new user
> s, I think I'll be ok.
>
>Anyway, this is a strange one, and I imagine others with a prior installation
> might run into it as well.
>
>I'll be glad to give you a login if you want to investigate further.  Let me k
> now.

Try this:

When you set preferences, in the 1.1b2 release, you can turn on/off
which choosers show up.
Under your account, go to the Edit->Resources->User Preferences
menu.  In the dialog, click on the "Data Choosers" tab and see what
is set as checked.  If only Files and URLS is checked, then that would
solve the mystery.  I hadn't thought of this possibility.  The question
is why is that set.

There are a couple of ways you can solve this.  If only Files/URLS is
checked, then you can check the Use all button and exit and restart
and see if that helps.

Alternatively, you could delete the main.xml file in DefaultIdv, but
this will remove any other preferences (default maps, projections, etc)
that you have set up.

Don