20031119: IDV for fMRI : Volume rendering

>From: Bernard Mendiburu <address@hidden>

Hi Bernard-

>What is a Linear3DSet ?
>If it's a regular 3D grid where all the voxels get a value, it's Ok for us.

A Linear3D set is a 3D volume where the spacings between the x, y,
and z values are linear spacings.  Most Vis5D data structures use
this so that is why Vis5D is good at volume rendering.

For the IDV, even if the data are linearly spaced, the display
uses a transformation (CoordinateSystem) from data space to
display space.  I think this is screwing up my attempts at
volume rendering.

Don