20031111: IDV 1.1 beta 2 available

To: address@hidden
From: Matthew Lazzara <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: IDV 1.1 beta 2 available

Hi Matthew-

In going to download the latest IDV, I notice there is two flavors for Windows - with the Direct 3D and the other with OpenGL - is there much difference?

It depends on your graphics card.  We've had problems with OpenGL and
ATI cards, but it varies from system to system.  If you've installed the
IDV previously with no problems, then use this version.

For the Direct 3D (Direct-X) version, you may need to upgrade to version
8.0.  Some things (like setting line thickness) do not always work
under this version, but other things do display better.

Thanks!

I'd try the OpenGL version first and if you have problems with it,
uninstall and then try the Direct 3D version.

Don Murray